Views:6 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-06 Origin:Site
1. Reduce friction. Lubricating oil can maintain a certain oil film under high temperature and high pressure. The oil film is formed by the action of additives, not the oil itself. Due to the presence of the oil film, the friction of the liquid is maintained during the operation of the machine, thus reducing the friction
2. Reduce wear. Since the lubricating oil forms an oil film, it forms liquid friction between the machine parts and avoids direct metal contact, thus reducing the wear of the parts and increasing the service life
3. Antiseptic. Because of the presence of lubricating oil, it can prevent the corrosion of machine parts, and the lubricating oil needs to be alkaline to neutralize the acid in the engine oil. Lubricating oil can protect engine parts from external corrosive media to prevent corrosion of machine parts.
4. Reduce noise. Due to the formation of the oil film, the impact of metal is avoided, thus reducing noise.
5. Cooling effect. Due to the flow of lubricating oil, it can continuously take away the heat generated by the operation of the parts (especially important for air-cooled diesel engines).
6. Cleaning effect (chemical cleaning). Motor oil has the ability to wash away dirt on the machine parts. If the piston and piston ring are clean after the engine has been used for a long time, it means that this oil has a good cleaning effect
7. Sealing effect. Since the lubricating oil film can fill the gap of the friction pair, it directly plays the role of sealing
8. Suspension anticoagulant effect. Lubricating oil can surround small carbon particles so that they do not aggregate. If the engine oil is used, it is easy to form large carbon particles, which means that the suspension anti-coagulation effect of the engine oil is not good.
9. Antioxidant. Because natural mineral oil is easy to oxidize, the addition of additives slows the oxidation and avoids the phenomenon of lubricating oil and paint.
10. Maintain a certain viscosity. Lubricating oil can ensure the formation of oil film and fluidity, so as to ensure that it will not be viscous and start at low temperature, and it will not be too thin at high temperature to affect the lubrication effect.
1. Resistance to foaming. It can prevent the lubricating oil from being stirred to foam, and the foam will escape through the crankcase ventilation pipe, thus increasing the consumption of lubricating oil and affecting the quality of lubrication.
12. Keep fluidity at low temperature. Adding a pour point depressant to the lubricating oil can reduce the viscosity of the lubricating oil to ensure that the engine has sufficient lubricity during cold season starting and during warm-up operation13. Anti-emulsification. The cooling water leaks into the lubricating oil to make the lubricating oil milky, which affects the lubricity of the engine oil. Therefore, the water separation of the lubricating engine oil when mixed with water should be good.
In order to ensure that the lubricating oil has the above various properties, various effective additives should be added in the refining to obtain high-quality lubricating oil.